List of Harry Potter Spells
- Accio: Brings an object to you
- Aguamenti: Creates a gush of water from the tip of the spell caster’s wand
- Alohomora: Opens locks
- Aparecium: Makes invisible ink become visible
- Avada Kedavra: The Unforgivable Curse; Kills your opponent; taken from “Abra Cadabra”
- Avifors: Turns things into birds
- Avis: Makes birds fly out of the end of your wand
- Bombarda: Causes a small, locally contained explosion. To make a bigger explosion, one could use “bombarda maxima”
- Colloportus: Closes a door and binds it so that it can’t be opened.
- Confringo: AKA the Blasting Curse; Causes the item targeted to explode
- Confundus: Confounds your target, or makes them temporarily confused
- Conjunctivitis: Damages the eyesight of your opponent, making them seem to have pink eye
- Crucio: The Second Unforgivable Curse, the Cruciatus Curse; Tortures your opponent mercilessly
- Deletrius: Erases the last spell cast by a wand so that it can’t be discovered
- Densaugeo: Makes teeth grow out of control
- Diffindo: Makes seams split open, severs an object into two pieces
- Dissendium: Opens a specific passageway into a cellar, may be useful in other instances; may be only a password
- Duro: Turns an item to stone.
- Enervate: Mistaken spell. Changed to Rennervate. Used to wake up a stunned person
- Engorgio: Makes an item larger, as in swollen
- Episkey: Heals relatively minor wounds.
- Evanesco: Causes an item to immediately dissolve away, as if it had never existed
- Expecto Patronum: Creates Patronus
- Expelliarmus: Disarms the target of the spell, such as knocking their wand out of their hand
- Fera Verto: Transforms animals into water goblets!
- Ferula: Binds a broken limb with a splint and bandages, tightly wrapped
- Fidelius: Allows a secret to be hidden within the secret keeper’s soul; very powerful spell
- Finite Incantatem: Stops any spell
- Flagrate: Allows the user to write or draw in the air with fire
- Flipendo: Also knows as the Knockback Jinx, pushes or flips something backwards
- Furnunculus: Causes a person to break out in boils
- Geminio: Creates a duplicate of an item (a twin, as in the zodiacal sign Gemini).
- Homorphus: Man-Shape; makes a werewolf or person disguised as an animal resume their human shape
- Immobulus: Immobilizes the target
- Impedimenta: Puts up an impediment that slows down something or someone that is coming toward you
- Imperio: The third unforgivable curse. Allows the user to assume complete control of another person
- Impervius: Repels water from a surface
- Incarcerous: Conjures up ropes, which then bind an opponent
- Incendio: Lights a fire
- Legilimens: Allows the user to gain access to another’s mind and memories
- Levicorpus: Turns your opponent upside down and dangles them in thin air
- Liberacorpus: “Liberates”, or frees a body that has been caught up by the levicorpus spell
- Locomotor Mortis: The Leg-Locker Curse; locks an opponent’s legs together
- Lumos: Creates light, usually by making the tip of the wand glow. More light can be created using “lumos maxima”
- Mobiliarbus: Used to move a tree from one place to another
- Mobilicorpus: Used to move a body from one place to another
- Morsmordre: or Morsmorde Used to summon the Dark Mark
- Muffliato: Causes a buzzing noise to surround a limited area so that those in the area can carry on a private conversation
- Nox: Extinguishes light, used to douse the light created by “Lumos”
- Obliviate: Makes a person “oblivious”, erasing their memories of an event
- Orchideous: Conjures a bunch of flowers from the user’s wand
- Petrificus Totalus: Total petrification; petrifies an opponent totally
- Point Me: The Four Point Spell; makes the user’s wand act like a compass
- Portus: Turns any item into a Portkey, which can then be used to transport a person or persons to another location.
- Prior Incantato: Reveals to you the last spell that a wand was used to cast
- Protego: Protects the user, and sends a spell back on an opponent
- Quietus: Makes things quiet, used to muffle “Sonorus”
- Reducio: Shrinks an item
- Reducto: Blasts solid objects into pieces
- Relashio: Releases something from being constrained or held
- Rennervate: Was originally “ennervate”, but corrected by author; means to energize or wake up
- Reparo: Repairs broken items
- Repello: Repels something
- Repello Muggletum: Makes an area invisible to Muggles
- Revelio: Causes something that is hidden to be revealed
- Rictusempra: Causes a person to curl up in laughter, as if being tickled
- Riddikulus: Makes a boggart assume a “ridiculous” form, thereby making it funny instead of terrifying
- Salvio Hexia: Unclear; seems to strengthen other protective spells, or to deflect any hexes cast toward a specific location
- Scourgify: Used to clean dirt or other material off of a surface
- Sectumsempra: Causes lacerations to appear all over an opponent’s body, as if they had been cut by an invisible sword
- Serpensortia: Conjures a snake
- Silencio: Makes the target of the spell unable to make any sound.
- Sonorus: Amplifies the user’s voice
- Stupefy Stupefies an opponent, or knocks them insensible temporarily
- Tarantallegra: Forces an opponent’s legs to dance uncontrollably
- Tergeo: Scours something clean
- Waddiwasi: Removes a stuck object, as in a wad of gum that is stuck in a keyhole
- Wingardium Leviosa: Allows the user to make an object levitate
Pottermore Sorting Reactions
I mean I’m happy to be a beta tester and don’t have anything against the other houses, but I don’t think I’m a Slytherin at all. But we’ll see about that. >_>;
*going to try to take the sorting hat quiz as honestly as I can*
Long survey is long. Questions with stars next to them will be edited later.
(Hopefully this post won’t barf broken HTML all over my dash like it did last time)
What Hogwarts house do you think it sounds like?
What Hogwarts house do you want to be in?
Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff
Does the username relate to you at all?
Snidget rhymes with Bridgette :D
What kind of wand do you wish to get?*
Maybe black walnut, unicorn hair, supple?
Pure blood/Half blood/Muggle-born?
Half blood, I think, since my mom’s side of the family read the Harry Potter Books, but my dad’s didn’t. /weird logic
Which day did you get into Pottermore?
Cat, rat, owl, or toad?
Probably cat, since I’m sure that there are owls available to borrow for sending letters at Hogwarts.
Expecto Patronum! What is your patronus shape and why?
A male lion (both my parents are leos and it’s sort of a family symbol) or Shetland sheepdog (reminds me of an old childhood friend).
Oh no! You’ve found a boggart! What does it look like?*
Though I have many, I have yet to discover what my BIGGEST fear is.
Riddikulus! Now what does it look like?* ^
If you were an Animagus, what animal would you be and why?*
I don’t know, I kinda have a bland personality. Maybe a dog or something. ._.
Which Harry Potter character do you best identify with?
Luna Lovegood. I tend to live mostly in my own little world, daydream often, and wholeheartedly believed in fairytail creatures though elementary school.
What would you do with the Maurauder’s Map?
Probably use it to find shortcuts (so many stairs at Hogwarts! @_@) or to know where my friends are at any time, I guess.
Where is Hogsmeade would you visit most often?
Honeydukes. I’s probably end up spending a small fortune on sweets.
Which Quidditch position would you most likely play?
Probably seeker, I like being away from the main conflict.
I would probably be the worst seeker in the history of Quidditch though fffff
Dumbeldore’s Army or Inquisitorial Squad?
Dumbeldore’s army, duh!
Can you see Thestrals?
Who would be your favorite Hogwarts professor (to actually learn from)?
McGonagall or Flitwick.
What does Amortencia smell like to you?
Uhh… new books, coffee, and wildflowers? Idk.
What would be your favorite Hogwarts class?
Either potions, charms, or divination (hell, I wouldn’t mind studying tea leaves for a couple hours. Sound pretty relaxing, actually)
What career path(s) might you consider after leaving Hogwarts?
A professor or maybe a person who makes the living portraits (someone has to paint/enchant them, right?)
And then I was officially registered for Pottermore
G’night, tumblr <3